Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Halfway There

My sister is visiting us from California, and last night my husband, Daniel, was telling her about a little conversation he had with our two cats. They were each in a bed on the desk where Daniel was working, and apparently he took a moment to tell them he could remember when they were so little that they fit together in one bed and that they were getting so big, etc. (Seriously, how cute is that?)

Overhearing them, I realized that soon I will be thinking (if not saying) that I remember when my baby was still in my belly. The ever-strengthening movements of the baby inside me, especially when they are felt more and more strongly from the outside, are making the still incredible reality that we are soon to be parents undeniable. There really is a little person living in there – and that little person makes us Mommy and Daddy!

I will be halfway through my pregnancy this week, and the ultrasound we have scheduled for tomorrow makes this fact quite real to me: it’s a definite milestone, and we’ll get a peek at the mysteries and miracles of our baby’s growth (and sex!) that have been shrouded within his or her mamma this whole time. I can hardly wait, and I look forward to sharing this and future news with you tomorrow and in the months to come.

No comments: